Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In with the big boys!

We just ended the phase... the introduction to big kid has been completed. Yep, you read that right, Jake is now a big kid. No more kindergarten for my little dude! He finished up the first week of July. It was definitely bittersweet for me! I loved his Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Parker. She made things good for Jake. She took time to work with him. She was sensitive to his weaknesses. She was upfront with me... to sum it up, she just worked! Jake's last day of school was fantastic! He got wet. He ate treats. He even discovered that a Ham Sandwich can be enjoyable! He had fun playing with his friends, it was an overall fun day for him. He made a lot of friends in Kindergarten, and I am excited to see a few of them are in his first grade class! Here are some pics of his last day...









So here comes the inevitable, Jake started first grade yesterday. He had such a fun day! We met his Teacher on Monday, and I have to say, I dig her! She is wonderful! Mrs. Parker (his Kindergarten Teacher) was phenomenal, and I think Mrs. Jacobson will be the same! Jake loves his teacher, and finds it rather cool that his name is in her name. He loves riding his bike to school. He loves the recesses. And he is really enjoying eating lunch at school with his friends. He wants to help put his lunch together, (good thing I stocked up on some lunch stuff) and he ate every bite yesterday! The first day was quite a big day for him, and he truly was exhausted by 8pm.






Here are some pics of his first day:

1 comment:

leadatortilla said...

Wow - already started! Way to go Jakers - sounds like it's going to be a GREAT year. And I think it's awesome that Joey is ready for school lunch too.... maybe he'll just have to eat it in the car?!?!