Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jake-isms

Being a mom has it's perks. One of which is hearing the one liners from the kids. Lately, Jake has been rather witty. Lastnight he got into trouble for yelling at me. As a consequence, he was told that he was not allowed to play the Wii for the remainder of the night. About an hour later, I walk into our great room and he is playing Mario Brothers on the Wii. I said to him,
"Ummm, Jake, I said no Wii for the rest of the night."
Jake replies, "Mom, it's opposite day, that means I can still play!"
I really tried not to laugh, but wasn't successful.

Tonight I was preparing supper. As I was finishing up getting the food ready, Jake says to me,
"Mom, you are the best Mom in the whole universe!"
I replied, "Oh, thank you Jake that was really sweet!"
He says, "No one else thinks so, but I do!"
Wow, I am feeling the love!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

LOL, I love it. Jake's such a sweetie, when he wants to be ;)