Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Someone to Celebrate!!!


Today we celebrated the birth of my second son! What an amazing little boy! I am so proud of Joey, and I am so blessed because he is mine! Today he is five years old! How crazy time flies! I remember the day he was born. I was huge! We dropped Jake off with my Mom, so I could go to the hospital and have him. We were scheduled for surgery at 1pm and we needed to be at the hospital by noon. We got to Cottonwood Hospital and got to the desk to check in. It was quite surreal actually, everyone was so relaxed, directing me to sign here, and Here, and HERE! Oh and here are the risks of C Section deliveries... make sure you read those. As we went through the paperwork, the nurse at the desk said, "We are running behind schedule. We need you to come back in one hour." Okay... I was thinking, so what do you propose I do??? Apparently the nurse had mind reading powers and suggested that we go take a stroll around Fashion Place Mall. So that we did. We looked at a real estate kiosk, we stopped so Justin could have lunch, (meanwhile I was starving and totally salivating at the sight of his cheese stick and Lemonade!)
We head back to the hospital after we had been gone about an hour, they had me strip, put on one of those sexy hospital gowns, and off I was wheeled to have my little Joey!
I remember laying on the table and thinking... I wonder how big he will be? I can't believe i am going to meet this little guy face to face! I wonder what he will look like? Will he have his daddy's big brown eyes? Dark Skin? Fair Skin? Just picturing him in my mind seemed to take the nerves away. Suddenly, I felt a shift in my abdomen... all my insides that had been pushed to different places were suddenly shifting back, and then I heard it! My little boy Cried! I was so excited. Justin was beaming in his Marshmallow Suit! They told me his weight and all I could think was... "That's my BOY!" He weighed 8 lbs. 9.6oz, and 21 inches long! He was so handsome! He had the sweetest little face, cute little hands and toes!
It's crazy to think five years have passed since that happy day. Each day with Joe is an adventure. He is always asking questions. He is very inquisitive. He loves to know how things work, and why they work the way they do. He is a spitfire like his mother... never a doubt what he is thinking or feeling about something or someone. He is witty and makes me laugh all the time! He is a smart little kid that absolutely adores his big brother and little sister! He loves his friends and talks about them often! Goodnight prayers are a big deal to him. He loves to say his prayers and loves to give his mommy loves!
I am so proud of my Joe Joe! He makes me one happy momma, EVERY SINGLE DAY!
I love you Joseph!