Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SUPER DUPER!

Time for a confession.... I have been throwing money away EVERY MONTH! Literally, just chucking it into the recycle bin. Even with the economic times as they are, I still do this? How you ask? COUPONS! I used to just chuck 'em. Junk mail to me... But now.....
I have been REFORMED!
I promise from this day forward, I will no longer throw them in that nice blue bin outside. I promise to look through them. I promise I will cut out those coupons for the items we use in our home. It may not seem like a lot of cash... but every little bit HELPS! *Especially when your car is up for licensing, your tires are bald, your hubby's car is acting up after 8 1/2 years of no incident....*
I also want to give a shout out to my new BFF.... no it isn't a person, it is a website... it is http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.com/. Now it does cost $5 per month... but it saves me lots....
Here are my purchases for today...

Here is the itemization:
3 Gallons of milk
3 lbs. Sunkist Oranges
2 Lbs Bananas
4 lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
4 boxes Oatmeal
10 boxes name brand cereal
4 boxes of Granola Bars
5 boxes Rice A Roni
5 boxes Pasta Roni
3 16oz containers of Sour Cream
5 8oz bars of Cream Cheese
10 boxes of AquaFresh Toothpaste
3 ranch dip mixes
Grand total: About $85

4 comments:

Swain Family said...

I have been doing myfoodstoragedeals for a few months now I love it too! Where did you go shopping?

Angie said...

Just down at Harmons and then at Smiths! I love that website! Totally worth the $5!

Joni said...

I did a shop like this after I saw your post and was so happy to get yummy Quaker granola bars for $1.00 a box and Quaker Oatmeal for $0.50 a box! Each of those is usually around $3 a box. Thank you for the inspiring post!

watsonshuffle said...

I have been a member of myfoodstoragedeals for a while as well, and my only regret is that I didn't find it sooner! It has helped soooo much with my grocery shopping bill as well as provide a decent start on my one year food storage. Love it!