Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thoughts on Thirty...

I hit a landmark in life this past week. Okay... maybe not a landmark, but I definitely entered into the next decade of life... So long to my twenties, hold on for the thirties. I have thought recently about everything I have done in the past ten years. My first thought was, did I accomplish enough in the past ten years of life? Did I help enough people, am I mature enough to be 30??? Thinking back, I have done quite a bit in the past ten years...
  • married my sweetheart, Thats a big one.
  • Graduated from College... another big one.
  • Bought a house... okay that's an accomplishment
  • Brought two beautiful children into the world... THAT'S HUGE!
  • Worked in a career I loved.
  • Made lasting friendships that I am so grateful for...
  • Learned a great deal about the importance of family

So what's next? I hope the next ten years bring much more knowledge. I hope to learn and develop new talents. I hope to be more kind, more genuine, and definitely more compassionate to others. I hope to be more in tune with other people and be able to help when needed. I hope to be a good mother to my little ones, and good wife to my sweetheart. I don't know how I will accomplish this, but I am giving myself kuddos for thinking about it.

I thought my birthday would be a depressing day. I thought... oh man, I am turning thirty... BLEH! Honestly, it was a fantastic day. Turtle, my sons, my parents, and my in-laws made sure that my day was uplifting and positive. It all started the night before the big day when my mom and friend threw a party for me. It was great to visit with my friends. What was great about the evening too, was that it was all done in the theme of Breast Cancer awareness. I run in the Race for the Cure each year (okay this is only my third year) and it's something I really care about! Thanks to my girlfriends that donated to the research. I hope we can kick this disease out of the park.

The day of my birthday... I was awakened by Breakfast in bed. The boys helped Turtle make waffles with Fresh Cut Strawberries! DELISH! Loved every bite! Then we headed off to church meetings... the boys were unbelievably well behaved (compared to the norm.) We came home and headed off to my parents for some yummy supper and gift giving! I was given my DREAM MACHINE! Everyone pitched in and purchased a Bernina Activa 240 for me! I busted it out of the box yesterday, oh my... I AM IN LOVE!!!!!

I am so grateful for my family and my friends. What would life be without you all in it! I am so grateful, so happy, and I feel so SPOILED!!!

1 comment:

Greg and Lara said...

Happy 30th Birthday! 30s rock...it's totally the new 20s. :) And tell J I said Happy 32nd Birthday as well! You will always be young compared to him...whereas I will always be old compared to my husband. :)