Friday, April 24, 2009

A tidbit about Magellan...


This Dog has it rough. REALLY ROUGH! I figured to commemorate my fiftieth post on the blog... I should do a little something to honor the family pooch.
Magellan has been in the fam for about 3 1/2 years. After multiple near death experiences, falling down the stairs a few times, and staring at his reflection in the glass everyday (he finds himself absolutely GORGEOUS), he is finally a true member of the family... okay maybe not, but it sounded good.
Today, little Gellan (as the boys like to call him) had a bath. It's unfortunate that I have to say this, but the dog has POOR PERSONAL HYGEINE. Today he was so stinky, even Jokester told him, "Go Way, you STINKY!" I took that as a hint that our hairy canine needed some help. What is sad about the situation, is Jokester is the one who aids Magellan in his "stinkiness" the most. It's not as if Magellan rolls around in Captain Crunch or the milk left over from the cereal, nor does he opt for Spaghetti-O's for his daily cologne. Granted he does sit right beneath the children as they eat their meals, but I want to believe this is solely for the purpose of assisting me in keeping the floors neat & tidy.
I wanted to post a picture of Magellan in his clean form, his Sunday best if you will. This was taken a few minutes ago, as he has just stopped sulking from having to take a bath... boy it must be tough to be a dog!

*I have tried to pose him in a fashion that would draw the least attention to his "fluffy" mid-section. He's a little self concious about that. Although not enough to stop eating PB&J's given to him by the children.*

No comments: