Thursday, June 4, 2009

GI Joe....


It's been a crazy couple of days. More scary than anything I have encountered in a long time. Monday evening, my pops, A.K.A GI Joe starting having severe chest pains. He was doubling over in pain. Anyone who has met my pops, knows that he must have been in extreme pain, cuz my pops is TOUGH! My sweet mumsy, rushed him to the E.R thinking it's a HEART ATTACK! Luckily I-Med is right around the corner from their house so she made it just fine. Turns out my pops was lucky. No heart attack. BUT (I really hate to throw this word into the mix) He had SIX clogged arteries to his heart. SCARY!!!! Yesterday he had Open Heart Surgery. He was in surgery for SEVEN hours. I was there with my mumsy for most of the wait. It was tough! We tried to talk about light subjects to pass the time, but both of us were on edge. It was like watching a high suspense movie where you are on the edge of your chair waiting for the next scene to happen. ONLY IT WAS REAL!
My dad proved to be a tough guy and made it through surgery with flying colors. We saw him after surgery and it was tough to see him hooked up to all those machines. I'm not gonna lie, I cried like a baby. Even got a little faint seeing how much he was hooked to. By the time we left, he was off the "Vent" and able to talk a little bit. That was really comforting. He's got a lot of life changes to make, but I know he can do it!!! After all he is GI JOE!
I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. They worked! Joni, you are an absolute lifesaver! Not only did you allow me to spend the day where I needed to be, but, you also gave my boys a great day. They love you, and frankly so do I! Thanks for everything!

2 comments:

Joni said...

It's so nice to hear that he is doing better! Thank you for letting the boys come play, we enjoyed it.

BIG hugs to all of you!!

Swain Family said...

So glad he is doing good. That is so scary!