Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Justified.

This morning was my second appointment for baby # 3. How exciting! The whole way to the doctor's office (trust me I had time to think in rush hour traffic!) I kept thinking, what if's! What if we are having twins. What if I am not really pregnant, and I just made these symptoms up these past 12 weeks. What if he can't find a heartbeat... what if what if WHAT IF!!!
As I was driving, (I am telling you it took a while to get to the doctor!) I thought wow, I am SO LUCKY! Why you ask???
1. I don't have to work anymore and therefore no longer have to try to fight traffic to get somewhere on time!
2 I get to spend all day with my sweet little dudes who make life so much fun!
3. And last but not least, I have an amazing hubby, who is not only fantastic to me, but fantastic to my kiddos!
Kay.. so back to the appointment. I get there, and I am of course I am 12 minutes late. To me that is on time, but to everyone else, that is considered late! (good thing I can't get fired!!!) I sit in the waiting room and I wait... and I wait... I wait some more, and finally they call my name! YES!!! I get to hear the heartbeat! I am so excited, I swear I am GIDDY! So off I go... to pee in a cup, and find out how much I weigh! Then it is back to the waiting room! Talk about wrecking my morning! So I wait a little longer and then it is FINALLY my turn! YES!
I go in my room, and I wait. And I wait a little longer, (are you starting to see a trend with the waiting???) and finally Dr. Quinn comes in! YES! I finally get to hear this little baby! So he gets that little radar thing out, squeezes out the goo on my gut and starts moving it around looking for the heartbeat. It probably only took a couple of minutes but to me, IT WAS HOURS!!! I admit, I was nervous! What if the baby isn't in there??? What if I made it all up! Then finally... BAM! I hear it! This fast paced little thumper just ticking away! It was at that moment, I got teary eyed. (I am really emotional can you tell?) I was so excited to hear this little heartbeat! It was fast and it was strong! And the baby was moving all over the place! (sounds like a true Nadauld!)
It was at that moment, I had a total feeling of JUSTIFICATION! I really haven't made it all up! This nausea and exhaustion and weight gain???? There is a reason! It's not all in my head and I am SO HAPPY!! I can't wait to meet this little spirit! We are all so excited!!!! But boy, I am going to have my hands FULL!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

yay!! s

Joni said...

That's so exciting!!! Did Justin get to hear it too? We loved listening to the baby's heartbeat so much we used one of the heartbeat dopplers at home to hear it before we even heard it at the dr's office and it helped me make it though the first trimester a little easier. Also any time I hadn't felt the baby move in a while, which I always felt them move very early, we could listen to the heartbeat and feel at ease.

Kristan said...

I am so happy for you. There is nothing like those seconds before you hear that little heart. The earth seems to stand still....CONGRATS!