Sunday, October 4, 2009

Come, Come Ye Saints....

Yesterday as Turtle and I sat and watched conference, Mo-Tab sang this song. I have heard this song a gazillion times before.... no really a gazillion. It is actually one of my favorite hymns. Why? I don't know, but I have always enjoyed singing it, and listening to it is fun too.
As I sat there, I really paid attention to the lyrics of that song. Now, I know that the pioneers went through a lot, okay, sheer Hell, I know that. But I never realized just how strong they were til I paid attention to the verse which states:
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
’Tis not so, all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward,
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take;
Our God will never us forsake,
And soon we’ll have this tale to tell,
All is well! All is well!

I don't know why this verse hit me with such an impact this weekend, but nevertheless, It Did. So many times, I find myself in my own little pity party. Poor Me, so and so is angry with me, why can't my family work issues out etc. etc., but in the grand scheme of things my trials are so simple and meager compared to what the pioneers endured. Burying their young, spouses, family and friends. Experiencing the worst of weather conditions, not to mention the labor they endured.
These people were amazing. Just had to share that!

No comments: