Monday, October 5, 2009

First Photos....

Last week was an exciting week for our family. We had our first ultrasound of our li'l bun in the oven. It was a great experience. Turtle and I took the boys with us and they got to see their new sibling. Jaker was the most excited. He was absolutely positive that we were having a sister. Joker followed Jaker's suit, and was also pretty certain that we were having a baby girl.
I was pretty sure we were having a son. I have always felt that I was going to have my own little team of line backers. Turtle, well I am not sure what he thought, I am pretty sure he thought it was a boy as well.
As I laid on the table, I was amazed, just as I was with the boys, at the beauty of this child. It is absolutely amazing to see this little person moving all over the place. We saw every part of this baby and everything looked great! SUCH A BLESSING! As we watched the ultrasound on the screen, the Sonographer said, "Do you want to know the gender?". Of COURSE I thought! I am not one for surprises. With the boys, I was pretty sure I knew what they were since they were in perfect pose to show us what they were. This baby was no different, but I wasn't sure what the gender was. That's when the sonographer chimed...
"IT'S A GIRL!!!"
Justin and I looked at eachother with a look of "NUH UH!!!" I was really surprised. We are all so excited for a little girl to soften up our house. I am sure the sea of pink and lavendar will be lovely in our house! I am looking forward to sharing all the fun things I had with my mom and still have. The sewing, the shopping, girl talk, all the good stuff! I know the boys will be happy with a girl.

As of today I am about 18 1/2 weeks along. I am feeling good for the most part. The biggest challenge I have is INSOMNIA! What to do people do at 3am? I find it to be the perfect time to catch up on all the shows that are on my DVR. I also get to watch some documentaries that I otherwise would never know existed... and of course who doesn't love spending a couple of hours playing Solitaire on their cell phone! Good times! Here is a picture of me as of today! Jaker is the photographer!



8 comments:

Kara said...

congrats, I'm SO jealous! And you look fabulous!

Unknown said...

CONGRATs

Jensens said...

Look how beautiful you look!!! I'm so excited for you!

Andrea Griggs said...

Congratulations-you are going to love having a little girl around! :) You look fabulous!

Jenn McGee said...

I'm so excited for you guys to have a little girl! You look GREAT!

Greg and Lara said...

Congrats! I am so excited for a little girl!!!!

Alisa said...

Wohoo! Congrats!

That's so great that you have DVR. Just after I had Maiya, I would nurse her at night, and all I had to watch were infomercials---I had to keep myself from buying up all of them :-)

leadatortilla said...

Woo-Hoo!!!! That's soo exciting! Boys are fabulous - but I'm sure it'll be a blast to have some pink in the house! I'm so excited for you guys!