Thursday, October 8, 2009

Super Speed...

Today has been one of those days... You know the kind... the ones where you run around like a chicken with your head cut off. You race to get everything done by a specified time! Then you get to that specified time with a HUGE sigh of relief! You finish the event you were working towards and then realize... Wow, why was I so stressed out about this???
Today I was prepping for having dinner ready for the missionaries. I don't know why I was so stressed about it... but I was pretty wigged out about it. All day today, I have cleaned... cleaned the bathrooms, mopped the floors, vaccummed, folded laundry, ironed, straightened, and then straightend yet again (I do have two sons you know!), prepare a meal, and then of course teach P.E up at Jaker's school. It was CRAZINESS. I was so worried about the house being perfect, about the meal being fabulous, that I didn't realize just why I was doing all of this... almost like I was just zoned in on the tasks to be done, without realizing the purpose.
When the missionaries showed up, (super cool guys by the way) Jaker and Jokester were so excited. Jaker's eyes lit up... like, "Wow, you're a MISSIONARY!!!" We have talked about missionaries to Jaker, he knows that his daddy served a mission, and of course they learn about missionaries in Primary, but wow, having a missionary in the house... now that is COOL! I am glad I had the opportunity to have the missionaries over. I am sure the children scared them away for a while, but it was a good experience nonetheless!
The other bonus is,.... Hey... My housework is done for tomorrow! YAY ME!

No comments: