Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jake's First Sleepover!

I did something I thought I would never do... I let Jake have a friend spend the night. I know, I know, I am a terrible mother! Growing up we weren't allowed a whole lot of sleepovers, and frankly when I did have sleepovers, I was usually causing trouble! (Who me?) But I have to take into account Jake is the ripe old age of SIX and he would probably GREATLY enjoy it... so we did it! Friday night, we had his buddy Wyatt over! Talk about Heaven on Earth for Jake! He was absolutely THRILLED that his buddy didn't have to go home! They ate pizza... They had breadsticks, they played Lego Star Wars, watched movies, and Wyatt showed him how to play Ghost Busters! They had a great time!
Turtle and I decided it may be fun to let the boys "camp" in the front room. We set up the tent, gave the boys flashlights, and Voila!!! Instant campground! They had a great time! Jake loved playing with the flashlights as if they were Light Sabers, and also playing chase in the basement in the dark with them... (cuz that is totally safe!)
Here are some pics of the night!

Happy that this tent is being used for something!!!
This picture SCREAMS comfort to me... how about you?
And...homemade Cinnamon Rolls for BREAKFAST!!!

1 comment:

leadatortilla said...

You are the BESTEST mom ever! tent set up - and cinnamon rolls - you'll have lots of boys lining up for sleepovers at your place!