Saturday, February 28, 2009

Slacker Mommy!

This week was a fun one. Busy yes, but fun too! It is amazing to me how fast the weeks fly by now that I am a stay home mom. I honestly thought I would be bored being the Mommy. Not the banker, the the Client Relations Manager, just the Mommy. What I am realizing now is this, I am not just a mommy. I am a secretary, accountant, baby sitter, nurse, therapist, teacher, house keeper, problem solver, motivator, dog trainer, disciplinary, friend, caretaker, chef, dishwasher, chauffer, litigator, and the list continues.
Monday the started out great! It was Jake's first day back to his developmental preschool. He had so much fun! He enjoys going to school so much! Wow does that give me a sense of relief. I don't ever have to fight with him to go to school, or to get ready, he does it himself, and he is happy about it. (He definitely did not get this from me!) After dev. school, it was off to Little Learners... holy crap I love that school! But boy did I spend a lot of time in the Car. Running errands, grocery shopping, fabric shopping etc. etc. it gets busy!
Tuesday wasn't too much of a day, we hung out, played games, puzzles and Jake worked on his worksheets I print off the internet to get him to practice his handwriting. He is getting better and better at it! Dude he is a cool kid!
I didn't start really being the "Slacker Mommy" til about Wednesday. Jake had a field trip with Little Learners Academy. My friend Kristi and I debated whether or not we go to the field trip, or be bad mommys and take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese instead. It was a tough decision... but we of course chose Chuck E. Cheese! That place was heaven for the kids! I loved seeing their faces light up! My kids loved the creatures that sing on stage! Jake was singing and dancing along....(that he got from me!) Joe was just having a ball running like a chicken with its head cut off! We had pizza for lunch, and the kids played games like they were going out of style! I think the favorite for Joey was Skee Ball (mine too :) ) Jakes was riding the motorcycle game! It was a fun time once we got there... the drive there was a different story. Has anyone ever noticed when you try to take your kids to do something "fun" you fight with them nearly the entire way... by the time you get to your destination, you are so ready to go take a nap, or at least go home to peace and quiet. (Do I have that in this house??? yeah, NO!) Anyway, we were glad we went, even if the travel there was HELL!
Thursday I learned lots of cool stuff from my super good friend Kristan! She taught me how to make Honey butter! Seriously this stuff is so dang good! Kristan makes a jar for me every Christmas, and I kid you not it is so good it is gone in a month! This year, Jake discovered it in the fridge and decided to eat it by the spoonful... Nasty I know, but it tastes that good! If any of ya'll want some... come on over! I have plenty!
We have had lots of fun this week... I just gave you a quick glimpse! Sorry no pics!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Haha...yes, it is sooo funny how the anticipation leading up to a kid's event can almost destroy it, altogether! I've started to learn that I just have to keep things a secret, and then not hope for things to be perfect...then I can't be as disappointed!

Jensens said...

Oh, come on now, what's more educationally stimulating than Chuck-E-Cheese? Sounds like fun!

Kristan said...

You are so sweet...and I cannot believe you snuck so much honey butter back in my bag. Naughty! I am seriously going to have to give you some back. IT was a lot of fun! Toodles!

Tamra said...

You bring the honey butter, I'll make the scones (I'm sure it won't hurt my weight right now, but yours, you've lost so much you might notice the extra pounds).

What a fun mommy. You are always on the go. Your kids will have great memories.