Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Top 2 Pains in the Toosh....

And the Award goes to.....
.....Drum Roll Please.....
Verizon Wireless and Layers Clothing....
Congratulations! You two companies have officially made the most undesirable companies in my books!
These two companies have worked very hard to drive me to drink! From extremely terrible customer service to lack of common courtesy, these companies do it all! Wow!
Lets go to the accomplishments of Verizon Wireless.... In December, we purchased Turtle a Blackberry Storm (lucky guy, I know!) He received it on Christmas Morning, and fell in love with it! Unfortunately the phone was defective, and didn't work after a week. Turtle called, talked to tech support and they told him that they would send a new phone out to us, and we needed to send the defective one in.
When they sent out a new phone, they also charged the account for the phone in the amount of $276.00. At the time they sent it out the told us as soon as they received the defective phone, the amount would be credited back to the account! Turtle, being ever so on top of things, sent the defective phone back the next day... He used the box they sent to us, followed every direction given (He is an engineer you know!) and received confirmation that they phone was received in the warehouse on January 12.
Here it is March 3rd, we are still being billed for this new phone... I have been on the phone with Verizon Wireless for over three hours over the course of three days trying to get this situation resolved. I have called, provided tracking numbers, been polite (that's a toughie for me!) and I have gotten NOWHERE! I am in the same boat after three hours of talking with this worthless company as I was two months ago. Now the account is considered DELINQUENT!
Moral of the story... Avoid VERIZON WIRELESS LIKE THE PLAGUE!
As for Layers clothing, they aren't nearly as bad as Verizon... but they did terminate my contract to sell their stuff.... Unfortunately they didn't tell me until a month later...and they won't reimburse me my deposit... Yeah... not my favorite company either!

5 comments:

Alisa said...

ARGH...I totally know what you mean about lack of customer service with Verizon...I have been there with AT&T before (before they merged)!! Oh, and that's terrible about Layers! What is the deal?!

The Simkins Family said...

I was just thinking I needed some more cami's. I guess you're not the one to go to huh? How come you quit?

Tamra said...

Customer service drives me crazy. My two companies are sears and Qwest. I am impressed you were polite, I don't know that I have it in me.

leadatortilla said...

I'm so sorry. I felt so proud of myself after having 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Southwest/and a credit card company they are working with. UGH for automated responses and no one who can help.

Joni said...

Oh man! What happened with Layers? Why would they do that?