Monday, July 13, 2009

Best Feeling...

Last night we had the opportunity to have my brother's four children over for a few hours. We had a great supper, and I was happy to see that some children will actually eat what I prepare. (Keep in mind it wasn't my kids, But still!!!) After supper, Turtle decided to take the children up to the park to play, and allow me some time to clean up. It's amazing how many dishes you use with SIX kids, as well as the cleaning up! WOW!
Back to the story, Turtle had been gone with the kids for about 30 minutes when I got a call to come and get Jaker, he needed to come home. So I get in the car and get Jaker. We get back home, he starts feeling better, and wants to join the kids again. On the way back up to the park, Jaker says, "Mom, are you gonna come play with us?" When I told him I wasn't, I was making some treats for when they got back, he responded, "I think I would have lots of fun if you came to play."
This is a simple conversation. To most it probably doesn't mean a whole bunch, but to me... it's priceless. Jaker and I have a little bond. He has so much confidence in me, that I will take care of whatever happens, I will make him feel better, I will make sure he has fun etc. etc. It makes me happy to know that he is so sure of this. In the daily grind of things, I do my best to make sure the boys have all the attention they need, all the fun they can have, and still take care of my responsibilities in the home. Hearing this last night made me think, I guess I am doing something right!