Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kindergarten... WHAT????

That's right folks, the day is quickly approaching. My Jaker is going to KINDERGARTEN! No that isn't a typo... KINDERGARTEN! I can't believe it myself! I was just sitting here looking at all the fun pictures of this little dude, and I still can't believe Kindergarten is in the 30 Day forecast! Is there a way I can stop time and just enjoy him as a little kid a little longer??? I am so not ready for the school business. Preschool was tough for me. Call me overly protective, but I don't like being away from my Jakester! He seems so young!
He is so excited to start school! In fact, tonight he said the blessing over supper. In his prayer, he thanked Heavenly Father for Little Learners (the school he will be attending) and prayed that he would be able to listen and learn good. So dang cute!
I bought him some school clothes yesterday at the OshKosh Outlet (Great deals there I'm telling ya!) As I was going through the racks, I kept thinking... I remember buying baby clothes for him here... it seems like yesterday when I was making sure he had a onesie on, and he had little frogs and bugs embroidered on all of his clothes. His shirts all had coordinating socks. Now??? He's wearing "Big Boy Socks" no designs, no colors, just basic white socks with HANES on the bottom. What happened to my little boy??? I can't believe how fast time has gone!
Here are some old pics of him... Such a cutie!




1 comment:

Swain Family said...

it is crazy our babies have grown up so fast. Kennedy Starts kindergarten on August 11th! So sweet that he is thanking heavenly father for his school and to help him. He is such a sweet boy!